Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Stop It with your Clip Art TORTURE

So I work at a church somewhat conservative and stuck in there ways. Lets just say that the average age is 80 years. Anyway I've been enduring my fair share of clip art torture. Now let me set the record clear, my church is not the only culprit and they are certainly not the worst. First off not every sentence needs an image to correspond with it and secondly if must use your terrible clip art at least follow the same styles. Don't mix a paper cut simplistic style with a very detailed and intricate line drawing. Everything has a feel or a personality, from typefaces to clip art. For example Times New Roman is very traditional yet easy going and somewhat neutral, thus its a conservative people pleaser. Where as Century Gothic is a contemporary clean lined and easily read typeface. Giving it a personality of a very easy going, hip, edgy, and modern person. Everything has a personality for typefaces for clip art for everything design think of your mood your personality. I always think of what type of person would this represent, for instance Cutie Pop would represent Taylor Swift or Hannah Montana.


Get it! I hope so because stop with your abuse. :)

Here are some bad examples of clip art



Look and learn!
Here are some good examples of clip art. These are both elegant and especially effective uses of clip art they are honestly GORGEOUS. I love one for New Years Eve.


No comments:

Post a Comment