Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Package Design

Hello there!

So I've been doing a lot of package design lately. I've been adding things to my portfolio. Therefore, the past week I've had a steady obsession with all things that are beautifully and creatively packaged. I believe package design is a lot different from normal print design. You really have to think 3 dimensionally and how elements of your design work in the round effectively. You have to think about your design on shelf and what it will look like placed next to similar products. I am constantly staring at products at the grocery and taking random pictures of cool packaging. For instance take a look at spaghetti sauce the next time you make your trip to your local grocer. Spaghetti sauce is all the SAME, same colors (red, yellow, greens), same bottle shape, similar Italian names (Ragu, Prego, ect...) ITS CRAZY! Here are some designs that I truly love and fell would stand out against their competitors.




No comments:

Post a Comment